Air / Ocean Freight Operations Supervisor - Toronto, ON
Our client is an international freight forwarder with a global presence. They are focused on providing superior customer service and value to their customers.
• Supervise air import operations and personnel: assist Manager in operation planning, organization, control, employee training and evaluations
• Coordinate all aspects of shipment process, including booking, manifest, Bills of Lading and billing.
• Review all shipment documentation to confirm accuracy and perform data input to open file
• Ensure all client special instructions are followed
• Assist other team members as needed to ensure timely completion of work
• Maintain effective relationship with clients and answer general inquiries regarding shipment status
• Tracking status with truckers & ocean and air carriers and keeping clients/agents advised of status
• Follow up on client’s reports
• Perform billing function including preparing client invoice and all required support documents
• Maintain customer profiles
• Experience handling Air and Ocean shipments
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
• Strong customer service skills
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
• Ability to build relationships in person, via phone and by e-mail.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years in freight forwarding
• Fluently Bilingual in English and Mandarin
Total compensation will include your base salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, generous paid time off and a retirement savings plan with a company match.
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,