Take the next step in your career from your present supervisory or management position in an international freight forwarder to join forces
with this leading firm, as they seek to hire a Calgary Branch Manager, to manage the company's operations in Alberta.
This is a management opportunity with the focus on International Air and Ocean Freight.
You have the operations knowledge, have supervised/managed a team in international freight forwarding,
and are well connected within the shipping community in Calgary.
This company is focused on building long-term business relationships.
You have the experience, confidence and ability to excel in this role.
They want to provide you the opportunity to be in the forefront of their
continued growth in Alberta.
About this company:
Our client is a highly respected international freight forwarder, offering a full range of services, including freight forwarding,
customs brokerage and ancillary services. They are very well-established also in other major Canadian cities.
• Leading and managing a compact team of operations staff involved in international import
and export shipments
• Counselling the operations staff with knowledgeable guidance in solving customer
• Training staff to provide them with updated tools and knowledge needed
• Preparing rates proposals for potential customers and the negotiation of service contracts
• Presenting logistics solutions to customers, accompanying sales staff to help close new business
• Supporting the strategic business plan of a customer focused organization in
International Freight Forwarding
• Managing information flow to staff to organize daily work
• Managing the facilities administrative needs, including acting as the company’s
representative with suppliers and officials
• Ensuring that customer service and operational KPI’s are being met (responsible for service KPI’s)
• Conducting weekly meetings with station staff to review KPIs and continuous
• Working with sales to ensure that operational and customer service standards and SOPs
meet customer expectations and reflect service agreements
• Accompanying sales on key customer visits, or for quarterly business reviews
• Investigating incidents of clients downtrading and advising management of uptraders
• Calculating branch employee payroll and administering same
• Ensuring that all local/provincial laws are followed, and that the company’s compliance
practices are adhered to
• Organizing company events, staff functions, etc.
A full job description will be provided to selected candidates.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Several years of international freight forwarding supervisory experience in Calgary
• Strong knowledge of Incoterms, import/export regulations and shipment procedures
• Well-rounded air/ocean imports and exports experience in freight forwarding in Calgary
• Well-connected and possessing a respected reputation in the industry in Alberta
• Self-motivated, organized and able to provide hands-on leadership and guidance
• Strong awareness of the marketplace and customer needs
• Attention to Detail
• Integrity – Being honest and ethical.
• Analytical Thinking – Analyzing information and using logic
• Stress Tolerance
• Results oriented
• Judgment and decision making
• Time Management
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com