Client Service Representative - Customs Broker - Mississauga, ON - Exclusive
Our client is simply one of the best customs brokers in the industry. They have a reputation for
providing a gold standard of service to customers in Canada and the USA. They are looking
for someone to represent them in the field, visiting clients, listening to their issues, recommending
solutions. You will also be involved with preparing and delivering presentations on regulatory
topics in person with clients and online through webinars.
If you are a good problem-solver, have strong communication skills and enjoy face to face
meetings with customers, you will find this a satisfying and rewarding challenge.
Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Visit and communicate with client base on a regular basis
- Mostly clients in the GTA, 3 days a week, average; US is minimal, and is in upper NY state
- Occasional client visits in the Windsor region
- Attending related industry conferences
- Coordinate resolution of issues based on clients’ requirements and expectations
- Respond to inquiries from clients until resolution is achieved
- Work with Customs Operations, Consulting, and other departments to ensure transfer of knowledge
- Participate in periodic management meetings
- Prepare and distribute monthly status reports
- Track all activities with clients with respect to issues, concerns, and resolution process
- Upsell additional services provided by the company when the opportunity arises
- Prepare client reports prior to meeting for discussion and distribution purposes
- Participate in webinar development and presentations
- Minimum 5 years Customs experience
- Strong rating/tariffs background, ideally with some consulting or compliance exposure
- Strong knowledge of Customs and related legislation
- CCS required, CTCS preferred
- College or University degree preferred
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and other related standard computer programs
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Presentation skills for both remote and on site to large groups
- Excellent organizational skills
- Diplomatic nature with ability to handle pressure
- Current knowledge of electronic communication methods, i.e. LinkedIn, blogs
- Travel requirement; candidate must have valid passport or Nexxus
Compensation: Strong base salary, travel expenses reimbursed
- Health and Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Continuing education support, i.e. CTCS
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,