Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog
Cross-Border Load Broker Supervisor- Mississauga, ON - International Freight Forwarder
(under exclusive representation)
Our client is a highly respected company offering a wide range of freight and customs services.
They are looking for an experience cross border load brokerage person to manage a small dedicated team.
This is a growth position as the majority of the revenues derive from cross border LTL and TL freight movements.
This is a great opportunity to focus your cross-border knowledge, carrier relationships, customer development skills,
and enterprising attitude in a company that rewards achievement.
You will manage and grow a team of dedicated logistics speacialists with a roll up your sleeves management style.
- Develop and maintain vendor and carrier relationships
- Ensure carrier authorities are maintained to company requirements
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Review and update customer tariffs as and when necessary to protect
- Oversee: set up files based on pre-advise notices
- Issue permit to transfer, arrange trucker and warehouse requirements
- Monitor and confirm arrival of freight; receive documents from shipper
- Enter all charges and profit shares; close file, pass invoices and credit memos
- Invoices, calculations of profit split and commissions, tracking and correcting
- Assist in supplier and customer queries
- Arrange collections and deliveries
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years + relevant Cross-border Truck; customs procedures
- Excellent reputation and relationships with carriers
- Knows supplier conditions, delivery terms, Inco terms and purchasing conditions
- Familiar with LTL, TL and flatbeds
- Knows risk and insurance terms
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of service levels expected by clients
- Good sense of determining customer needs
- Flexible and innovative, can concentrate on solving customer’s logistics problems
- Works well with a wide variety of people
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications; profit share bonus and other incentives,
plus RRSP plan and health benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,