Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog Buy 2017 Salaries
Position Overview: Cross-border Logistics Agent - Exports - Laval, QC
The Cross-Border Export Technician coordinates air and land freight exports to North America, taking into account the specific requirements and requirements of customers, agents, carriers and destination countries to ensure the rapid, safe and cost-effective movement of goods.
1. Contact customers and suppliers to obtain or transmit contact details and cargo details).
2. Ensure that you have a valid quotation for the shipment to be scheduled.
3. Prepare quotations on request: determines profit margins and establishes the final price to be quoted to customers.
4. Negotiates rates with local road haulers and warehouses.
5. Between information to computerized system and gets credit approval.
6. Makes reservations with air and / or land carriers, sends advance notice.
7. Reviews the contract.
8. Identify the customs and transport documents required under the quotation, terms of payment, terms of carriage and specific requirements of the country of destination: notice, booking confirmation, commercial invoice, etc.
9. Includes in the record the costs (payable and receivable) for invoicing.
10. Verifies the transport file, transmits to the carrier the documents intended for export.
11. Verifies, distributes and distributes the invoice produced.
12. Follow-up on temporary imports for export.
13. Receives "cash" amounts from the "branch account".
14. Solves problems that may occur during transport.
15. Records insurance and prepares monthly insurance report.
16. Reports missing and / or damaged goods; "Letters of Intent to Claim".
17. Responds to inquiries from Accounting dept.
18. Performs general office work: photocopying, filing, etc.
19. Performs the specific tasks and mandates assigned by his / her superior and / or the Management.
20. Complies with all requirements of our Quality System and undertakes any action to ensure customer satisfaction and / or to enhance our efficiency or profitability as a company.
Academic Requirements: High School Diploma
Language Requirements: Bilingualism (French and English) spoken and written required
Work experience: One (1) year in a position in Truck exports
Other requirements: Working knowledge of geography
- Certificate in transport issued by CIFFA, an asset
Compensation: Salary and company benefits, including RSP
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,