Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog Buy 2017 Salaries
Our client enjoys an excellent reputation in customs brokerage and international logistics.
They are hiring a Customs Consulting Manager with strong industry qualifications (CTCS/CCS, minimum) and the
ability to communicate effectively with client management and staff at all levels of experience; to determine customer needs,
and create tailored solutions to client issues focused on AMPS, Compliance, NAFTA, C-TPAT, and related legislative requirements.
Experience with customs audits and having an in-depth knowledge of the HS Tariffs and Excel databases is essential.
The Customs Consulting department covers a multitude of tasks: claims and appeals, audits, adjustments, drawbacks, NAFTA
maintenance, database verification, and new account set up.
Your organizational and people skills make you proactive and approachable, and always looking for ways to improve efficiencies.
They are open to someone who is at a senior level in Tariff Classifications, or who is a Customs Consultant presently,
looking to make the next move into managing a busy Customs Consulting department.
- Tariff Treatment applications - providing strong technical guidance
- Client PVA audits and CSA initiatives
- Conduct secondary monthly audit on all commodity groups
- Liaise between CBSA, CFIA and OGD regarding Compliance Audits
- Organize the team’s daily workload to ensure efficiency
- Seek process improvement opportunities within department
- Participate in training staff and provide guidance where necessary
- Daily/periodic reviews of customers LDC and NAFTA certificates
- Attending CBSA Seminars to stay updated on the newest legislative programs
- Ensure that the client company processes and procedures are in compliance with CBSA legislation and
- Understanding complex rules of origin contained in NAFTA, and the implementation of qualifying
product lines for NAFTA eligibility by analyzing bills of material, and the creation of audit trails.
- Ensure that shipments are classified according to HS Tariffs at lowest possible costs to the client.
- Review client imports and exports, confirming procedures exist that comply fully with established
customs laws and regulations.
- Examine shipment records for potential duty recovery opportunities.
- Ensure that the client company is able to successfully undergo an audit with minimal exposure.
- Establishment of Compliance Manual and formal audit program and processes where required.
- In depth analysis within the NAFTA Rules of Origin and making a determination on whether or not items
will qualify for NAFTA preferential tariff treatment.
- Ensure that duty payments are managed effectively by applying all relevant duty relief programs and
drawback opportunities available.
- Inform and educate less experienced staff on relevant changes to customs legislation as it pertains to
NAFTA and related legislative requirements.
- Maintain accurate tariff database information internally and update as required.
- Assist clients with missing/incomplete/inaccurate information on NAFTA Certificate fields and all related
documentation is complete.
- Strong technical knowledge of CBSA, CFIA, and OGD regulations, especially release,
accounting, origin, HS, e-Manifest, import permit and certification requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; organized, excellent prioritizing and time
management skills, frontline leadership skills
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a customs broker or customs consulting house environment.
- CCS or CTCS is mandatory as an industry credential
- Strong consultative, organizational, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- AMPS/Compliance audits exposure experience is required
Compensation: Strong base salary and benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,