Position: Customs Rater - Calgary, AB
Well-established customs broker with a very positive working environment.
• Ensure all Customs declarations are compliant with applicable government regulations
• Liaise with clients, freight forwarders and other agents to ensure an efficient and smooth transaction
• Identify and prepare required commercial data, documents, and/or rulings
• Determine and/or verify harmonized tariff classifications and valuation
• Work closely with clients to answer questions related to shipments, support them in submitting
declarations in a timely manner.
• Maintain working knowledge of both current and pending Customs and other agency regulations and policies
• Work closely with clients or prospects on new compliance or regulatory issues
• CCS certified or grandfathered from original CSCB certification program with a minimum 2 years of
direct tariff classification experience.
• Excellent grasp of tariff classification, OGD requirements, permits, amendments, NAFTAs, etc
• Capable of researching products online and asking clients pertinent questions for accurate classifications
• Knowledge of Windows programs and a good understanding of the Internet
• Experience with air, truck and ocean transport modes
• Solid time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to work effectively while under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated history of meeting goals with little supervision
• Excellent written and oral English language skills
Compensation: $45,000-$55,000 salary (+) plus benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,