Position: Customs Rater/Coordinator - Dorval, QC - 8:30am-5:00pm
This is a great company to work for with a global presence. If you have energy, enthusiasm, the desire to take on more responsibility, 3-5 years customs rating and releasing experience, and are fluently bilingual, our client wants to speak with you!
• Coordinating the clearance of ocean, air and ground freight, plus LVS
• Daily preparation of EDI and manual release requests to include all modes
of transport for various commodities.
• Ensure all documentation and filings are accordance with customs rules and
• Completion and presentation of confirming entries.
• Providing proactive client service and handling of client inquiries both
internal and external.
• Once a week, on average, after hours clearances with company laptop provided
• Maintain CA Customs Brokerage standard operating procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate Import product invoicing
• Ensure file level revenues and costs are booked within the same financial
• Ensure customs brokerage product file cost allocations are completed before
month end or accrued into same period
• Minimizing un-allocated payments (waste – demurrage, file level errors)
• Comply with Customs department Import product KPI’s with focus on
• Occasional after hours clearances requiring a vehicle to go to the airport
• Knowledge of Import Customs Brokerage and transportation processes
and procedures from training college or programs
• 3 years of customs rating / releasing experience
• Experience with Customs Rating and Releasing
• Can work with HS/Cadex/Across/PARS etc
• Experienced with preparing entries, import permits, LVS/HVS shipments
transmit entries and confirm release with Canada Customs
• Practical knowledge of procedures and processes
• Customs software knowledge
• Familiar with MS Office applications
• Good data entry skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, working as a team player
• Can work independently and is a problem solver
• Good communications skills, able to converse with clients and carriers
• Must have own vehicle and be bilingual, English and French
Compensation: Base salary and occasional after hours clearances paid;
43K-48K salary, plus 2K incentive, and up to 6K in after-hours clearances
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,