Customs Rater - Montreal, QC
Our client is a well-established international logistics provider in the Montreal area.
They are focused on providing service excellence in solving client problems.
Every member of the team shares an attitude of accountability, going the extra
mile to ensure accuracy and complete customer satisfaction.
Responsible to insure shipments are released in a timely & accurate manner adhering to all governmental policy and regulations and all confirming entries are submitted within the prescribed time limits. Regular interaction with customers and vendors via the telephone and emails is a must
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· HS Tariff classifications to classify products and commodities
· Liaison with Steamship Lines, Air Carriers to establish shipment status
· Assist customers with customs processes in all modes of transport
· Communicate with CBSA officers regarding customs regulations and clearances.
· Assist customers with customs issues by email or telephone.
· Audit and review customs entries to ensure correct information
· Request and verify supporting documentation for compliance purposes.
· Analyze relationship between the vendor and importer; choose correct valuation
method to calculate customs duty, GST, Excise tax and SIMA.
· Follow up with warehouse and trucking company to ensure released shipments delivered without delay.
· Coordinate with clients and carriers to expedite shipments.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Customs rating & Releasing knowledge and experience
· Well-organized, ambitious and client service oriented
· Good familiarity with HS/Cadex/Across/ACE/PARS and other current initiatives
· Good Excel/MS Office skills expected
· Data entry (open customers' files, validate information, credit and invoicing)
· Experience in collecting supplementary information or documentation as needed from customers,
CBSA, carriers and other government departments (OGD); CFIA
· Identify customer’s profiles discrepancies, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Able to work in an fast pace and stressful business environment
· Proactive attitude in following up issues with customers, CBSA, carriers.
· Strong analytical, organizational, communicational and problem solving skills
Compensation: Salary according to industry experience, plus full benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater