Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog
Customs Rater (11pm-7am)
Buckley Search Inc. – Brampton, ON
- Customs rating of HVS and LVS rating when required
- Contact internal & external clients to obtain documentation
- Monitoring and preparation of entry submission to CBSA
- Provide Canadian tariff classification
- Prepare and submit import/export permit applications
- Updating client and/or internal data bases.
- Provides information to and communication with all government departments as required.
- Responsible for providing internal and external customers and government officials documentation as required.
- Conduct Customs audits of customer entry documentation to verify compliancy with CBSA regulations
- Preparing Customs refunds, Customs amendments, preparing B2G’s, GST rebate requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal and external customers on Customs and company procedures and processes
- Deal with internal and external customer enquiries (all formats, phone calls, emails)
- Contacts consignee’s for payment of duty and tax on shipments
- Accepts and processes payments for brokerage invoices
- Three years Rater experience in a Customs Broker.
- A knowledge test may be required.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- CCS Designation strongly preferred
- Proficient Data Entry skills
Compensation: Salary plus shift-premium differential and full benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,