Customs Release CSR position-11:30am-8:00pm shift - Mississauga, ON
It is essentially truck PARS, but air/ocean experience is an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Determine the type of shipment for clearance and set up according to arrival time
- Dealing mainly with truck imports but may include logging of rail and air shipments
- Determining credit type and obtaining approval when applicable
- Handle all types of releases to include PARS, RMDS, temporary imports, vehicle imports and shortages
- Independently be responsible for handling incoming live shipments for set up
- Update client profile notes for new vendor information
- Create specific shipment notes if required for out of the ordinary information pertaining to a clearance
- Completing the necessary forms required for clearances, Form 1’s, CFIA requests for approval, Import Declarations, etc.
- Have basic knowledge of Other Government Departments (OGD) that work in conjunction with the CBSA
- Entering in all charges applicable that pertains to a shipment
- Obtain information to clear the shipment to include information for OGDs (Other Government Departments)
- Answer your incoming phone calls and emails in a timely manner; check voice mail and return calls within a timely manner; assist clients with their requests
- Tracking and tracing shipments and monitor shipments set up on PARS for acceptance
- Deal with agents, customers, vendors and trucking companies, for setting up shipments or obtaining information
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all individuals
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and make adjustments for changing workload
- Minimum of one-year experience in the Customs industry
- Post-secondary education in a customs related field would be an asset
- CCS designation may be completed after one year
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum education required: College Diploma
Compensation: Salary plus benefits, commensurate with experience
KEYWORDS: Customs Release,Customs Rater, Customs Specialist, CCS, Customs Broker
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,