Director, Crossborder Logistics - Mississauga, ON
Our client has offices in many countries around the world, offering a full range of logistics and ancillary services.
Well-established in North America, they seek to grow the Surface Transportation division.
To achieve this growth, they need a hands-on, roll up your sleeves business developer, with the track record, experience,
market knowledge, and vision to
move the company forward to this goal, supported by dynamic and committed senior
management and the resources of a respected global name in freight forwarding.
Grow the US/Canada LTL and TL services of the company through new business development and discovering
opportunities within the existing customer base to market these services to benefit the customer and the company's
profitability. This position has full P&L accountability.
- New business development of the firm's US/Canada LTL and TL freight services
- Upselling the firm's surface transportation services to the existing customer base
- Developing a strong carrier network to identify quality service providers for customer needs
- Negotiating rates and services at a senior level with prospective carriers
- Cultivating strong working relationships with customers, colleagues and carriers
- Plan for future growth of the company's services through staying aware of competitors and changing market needs
- Solving customer problems through employing initiative, sound analytical skills and proactive customer service
- Develop and train subordinates to maximize their contributions to the group's efforts
- Prepare reports for senior management, budget forecasts and cost analyses
- Senior Transborder Sales and Operations experience is required for this position
- Proven track record of developing new business in US LTL/TL freight in a non-asset based logistics firm
- Strong knowledge of equipment, lanes, customs, shipping documents and verifications.
- Knowledge of Customs regulations and policies, freight forwarding, international and domestic transportation
The compensation package reflects the seniority of the experience desired
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads