Export Associate - Burlington, ON - Exclusive
The Export Associate is responsible for the completion of all export documentary formalities for a specified account base. Requirements include, but are not limited to submission of ocean bill of lading instructions, VGM reporting, CAED & AES filings and the creation of marine insurance certificates and shipment pre-alerts. The individual is also responsible for the accurate and timely release of all ocean bills of lading as well as the consolidation and dispatch of all required document packages.
Another requirement of the role is the timely processing of daily invoicing activities for the same specified account base. The Export Associate will manage the distribution of the invoices. In addition, they will track all outstanding payables and close all completed files within the company system.
Daily tracking and trace of the export files is also a requirement of the position.
The Export Associate must be able to handle a high-volume work load in a fast-paced environment.
The individual will work alongside the existing team that we have handling our largest exporter.
50% of the duties are executing the documentary requirements of the exporter,
and the other 50% spent completing freight invoicing for this customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of all required export documentary requirements
- Arranging for the accurate and timely release of the ocean bills of lading
- Issuance and dispatch of all shipment pre-alerts
- Consolidation of all commercial export documentation for dispatch to intended receiver
- Responsible for the freight invoicing of a specified base of external customers
- Responsible for the creation of vendor commission invoices
- Ensuring accuracy of the invoice and payable entries
- Ensuring that all invoicing and payable entries are completed within the set timeframes
- Distribution of approved invoices to the applicable customers
- Tracking of all outstanding payables not having been received at time of invoice creation
- Closing of all completed files in the company system and file packages accordingly
- Tracking and tracing of all export files
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Qualities:
- 3 years (+) ocean transportation and freight forwarding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic FORMTEXT computer skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time and deadline management skills
- Organizational abilities and problem-solving skills
- Customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and accounting procedures
- Capable of translating currency
- Strong ability to work well with others in a team environment
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma is required
- College or University education is required
Compensation: Negotiable, commensurate with experience and track record, full benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,