Logistics Coordinator - Brantford area, ON
Due to continued growth, our client, a leader in consumer packaged goods is in search of an
experienced person from freight forwarding or private industry, who has strengths in ocean
freight inbound and outbound.
Most important, they are looking for a great communicator, who is able to use their confidence
and diplomacy to work effectively with many different departments in the company. They will train
in certain areas of technical knowledge, like SAP, but you can't train someone to be a go-getter
if that isn't their natural style. They want someone motivated to succeed.
- There is a lot of cross-functional interaction
- It’s not just a desk sit down day to day job
- We need a go-getter attitude
- Someone who is confident and who could eventually lead as we continue to grow
- There’s a lot of work with excel spreadsheets
- We are our own freight forwarder
- There are 20 different, unique flows of goods going into different facilities
- Volume is increasing and has done so in a short period of time
- Head office manages the contracts with the steamship lines
- We are responsible for building those relationships
- Head office is a procurement base
- If we see performance issues, we play a big role in resolving issues
- Invoices involve 9 times out of 10, storage, demurrage or waiting time
- We don’t only pay the bills, we have to track and report on those fees as well
- In working with cross-functional teams, it’s our role to translate what their needs are
- They aren’t in the transportation business and they are trying to tell us what needs to be done
- So you need the personality to put the foot in to bridge those gaps
- You are working with the warehouse, cross-functional teams internally, planning team
- You set the tone of urgency in a pleasant manner, using diplomatic skills
- This is a great opportunity to get in with a world-class company experiencing strong growth
- Post secondary training in logistics/supply chain preferred
- Must have 3 to 5 years of Ocean Imports knowledge
- Familiar with customs documentation on imports
- Great communication skills
- Strong Excel spreadsheets knowledge; SAP desirable
Sense of urgency to coordinate product flow
Compensation: Excellent salary, benefits and RRSP
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,