International Operations Manager - Freight Forwarding - Milton, ON
Our client is a very well-established international logistics company serving customers across the world. They provide
comprehensive transportation and logistics management services, customs brokerage, and e-commerce
solutions to Canadian and US shippers.
You will be leading, training, motivating, and managing about 10 full-time freight forwarding and warehousing staff, plus various seasonal
employees for various projects. Your approach is hands-on, roll up your sleeves and get it done; training
and guiding employees to reach their maximum potential in productivity.
a leader by example, committed to excellence.
- Managing International and Domestic Logistics & Warehousing components of the company including road, rail, ocean, and intermodal shipments
- Managing pricing, costs, service failures and in-house fleet management and maintenance of equipment
- Plan, schedule, and optimize routings and delivery schedules to efficiently use resources
- Supervision of Warehousing team through providing hands-on leadership
- Managing the storage, distribution and packaging activities of the facility
- Oversee equipment and driver safety issues, accidents, disciplinary measures, and MTO reporting requirements
- Establish and monitor KPIs, monitor monthly P/L and maintain effective cost-controls
- Ensure that staff is properly trained to perform duties; monitor progress and provide guidance
- Problem solve and provide solutions to refine and improve on departmental goals and procedures
Freight Forwarding Duties:
- Daily supervision of the import/export department (air, sea and road)
- Maintain relationships with overseas agents, steamship lines, airlines and customers
- Management/training of staff for maximum performance and job satisfaction
- Responsible for work quality and productivity
- Rate negotiations with carriers and key liaison with overseas agents
- Maintain the quality standards of the operational import/export procedures
- Provide key customer service at a senior level to clients; problem solve
- 10 years international Freight Forwarding & Warehousing experience in an established 3PL firm in the GTA
- Excellent leadership, organizational and training skills
- Thorough knowledge of international air and ocean freight services
- Cargowise software familiarity is strongly preferred
- Seasoned negotiator for Import and Export rates and services; overseas agent development
- Experienced in planning, scheduling, and optimizing routings and delivery schedules
- Management/Supervision experience of Warehousing team through providing hands-on leadership
- Excellent communications skills with customers, employees and colleagues
- Experienced in hiring, firing and performance appraisals for employees
Compensation: Salary plus incentives and full benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,