The primary function is to act on behalf of our Client(s) as representative in their dealings with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Key Responsibilities: Under Supervision, after training
• Determine the type of shipment for clearance and set up according to arrival time
• Dealing mainly with truck imports but may include logging and process air shipments during off shifts.
• Handle all types of releases to include PARS, RMDS, temporary imports, vehicle imports and shortages.
• Independently be responsible for handling incoming live shipments for set up
• Add vendors into database if required
• Create specific shipment notes if required for out of the ordinary information pertaining to a clearance
• Completing the necessary forms required for clearances, Form 1’s, CFIA requests for approval, Import Declarations, etc.
• Have basic knowledge of Other Government Departments (OGD) that work in conjunction with the CBSA
• Entering in all charges applicable that pertains to a shipment, examples: Form 1 charge, CFIA fee, shortage fee, CCI, etc.
• Obtain information to clear the shipment to include information for OGDs (Other Government Departments)
• Answer your incoming phone calls and emails in a timely manner
• Check voice mail and return calls within a timely manner
• Monitor Document Management system for new PARS and/or shipment information.
• Tracking and tracing shipments
• Monitor shipments set up on PARS for acceptance
• Deal with agents, customers, vendors and trucking companies, for setting up shipments or obtaining information
• Work as a member of the team, extending help and assistance when able
• Provide vacation relief for off shift staff if required (be involved in the rotation with other team members)
• Statutory Holiday coverage as scheduled (2 to 3 statutory holidays per calendar year)
Other Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize and make adjustments for changing workload
• Strong focus on providing excellent customer service to all individuals
• Strong command of the English language for all methods of communicating
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team environment
• Comfortable using Open Office, Microsoft Outlook email, Internet, office equipment
• Excellent memory
Education and Experience:
• Successful completion of Secondary School Grade Twelve or equivalent
• Post-secondary education in a customs related field would be an asset
• Some working experience in the industry is expected
• CCS designation studies would be expected in due course
Compensation: Salary and Benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org