Licensed Customs Broker/Qualified Officer - Mississauga, ON
You must have passed your Professional examination to be a Qualified Officer for this well established freight forwarder
in the Mississauga area. Our client is based in the USA and is growing rapidly in
Canada, with plans to expand to Calgary and Montreal in due course. This position will expand in
responsibilities accordingly, as the company grows through dynamic leadership.
You want to be in the forefront of the company's growth. This is the environment where you can
put your entrepreneurial instincts to best use, implementing the company's progressive plan
for development across Canada.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Guide the company through the customs brokerage division start-up process with CBSA
- Implement related software programs and undertake testing of all components
- Create a manual for customs transactions processing and compliance issues
- Represent the company as the go-to expert in all matters of customs regulations and compliance
- Assist in the establishment of new customs business with existing and prospective customers
- Grow the customs brokerage division across the country, opening new offices
- Hiring, training, mentoring, and guiding customs brokerage staff
- Act as key liaison for all customs regulatory matters with government officials and head office
Qualifications and Skills
- Active Professional Status in Customs Brokerage, able to become the company's Qualified Officer
- 5 to 10 years of Customs Operations experience in an established customs broker
- Well versed in all aspects of customs brokerage: Tariffs, Nafta, Refunds/Drawbacks, Amends, Rulings and other Compliance issues
- Ideally, you have been through the start-up process and are familiar with Fenix systems
- A reputation for honesty and integrity in the customs brokerage industry
Compensation: Negotiable, according to experience and qualifications
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,