Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog Buy 2017 Salaries
Manager, Customs Import - Montreal, QC - exclusive representation - unadvertised
Customs Import Manager- Customs Brokerage
The Manager oversees and ensures the smooth operation of the Branch's operations to ensure the prompt and efficient clearance of our customer's goods.
• Upon receipt of a cargo control document, verify if a file is already open.
• If yes: retrieve the file, add the cargo control number and return the file to the responsible technician
• Review all transactions prior to transmission to CADEX.
• Review all trucking vouchers produced by the dispatchers.
• Ensures the authorization/guarantee of storage and demurrage costs are in the customer's file for future invoicing.
• Revise and authorize transportation invoices or sub-agents)respond to requests for information from A/P.
• Occasionally negotiates transport rates and warehousing costs with our suppliers.
• Declare and collect all customs clearance fees (customs, taxes, etc.) for the accounts.
• Ensures that the courier has collected all the documents entered in the register.
• Authorizes the billing instructions
• Monitors the lists on the date control.
• Responds to inquiries from customers, suppliers and government officials.
• Tracking temporary imports (E29B).
• In some cases, submit to the Customs the corrections of K84 (Statement of account of duties and taxes
due to Revenue Canada for our customers).
• Occasionally visits Customs to solve problems.
• Ensures that the branch technical documentation is updated (Memorandum-D, Notice
• Maintains and develops knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
• Identifies the training needs of branch employees.
• Develops and develops the ISO policies and procedures necessary.
• Performs the particular duties and assignments assigned by his superior and Management.
• Complies with all requirements of our quality system.
• Ensures customer satisfaction.
• Bilingualism (French and English) speaks and writes
• Ten (10) years in a customs management position
• Customs Certified Specialist (CCS) Certification
• Canadian Customs Brokers Professional Qualification, an asset
• Transport attestation issued by CIFFA, an asset
• Knowledge and interpretation of customs regulations
• Managerial qualities: leadership, and organizational skills
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,