Managing Director - Canada - International Freight Forwarder
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial freight forwarding manager to lead a successful team in multiple offices in Canada.
Our client offers sophisticated logistics solutions, anywhere in the world. Their global success is built on their ability to take care of their customers, offer flexible solutions, and tap a worldwide network of professionals dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
You have hands-on operations management in a smaller/medium-sized freight forwarder in Toronto. Through your daily example, you ensure that your team has the support they require and the leadership that they deserve. A developer by nature, you are focused on growth and maximizing potential new business opportunities.
Attuned to rapid technological changes in the industry, you face forward to the future with confidence and a can-do attitude. You adapt easily to changing priorities and can pivot quickly to master new challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures strong financial performance, profitability, service delivery, client retention, new business growth, and operational excellence while maintaining a client-centric focus.
- Full P/L responsibility; manages costs and looks for efficiencies and improvements; delivers on the bottom line budget commitment.
- Senior client contact to close new business and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Hires, trains and develops senior management staff; provides leadership, sets goals and establishes objectives.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships internally across all departments and functional areas, as well as externally with customers and key suppliers.
- Ensures communications with foreign and domestic offices, sales, department managers, upper management, and/or clients regarding quality service and related issues that affect our ability to meet the client’s requirements.
- Maintains compliance with all regulations of CBSA/IATA/CATSA and other governing bodies.
- Collaborates with Sales and Operations teams to maximize the company’s presence with the mutual goals of retaining all existing business and gaining significant new business.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide a healthy, challenging and positive work environment allowing for individual growth, achievement and accomplishment consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Frequent domestic and overseas travel is required.
- Attend customer and industry functions.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Extensive experience in air and ocean freight operations, cross-border truck freight and project cargo.
- An in‐depth knowledge of the industry, strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully drive change and motivate employees is required.
- Skilled in exercising diplomacy when resolving customer inquiries and problems.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills, including professional demeanor.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Able to generate confidence with customers and staff.
- Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standard.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Canada-based international freight forwarding management.
- Excellent industry reputation - well respected by carriers and customers.
- Possess vision, passion, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service offerings.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and freight software.
Compensation: executive salary range, plus profit sharing incentives and comprehensive benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads