Ocean import Coordinator - Thornhill, ON
Our client is looking for an Ocean Import Coordinator to join their Toronto office.
This is a fast-paced position that requires excellent customer service skills,
multitasking and a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Set up files based on pre-advise. Arrange trucker and warehouse requirements.
- Receive documents from steamship or shipper.
- Break down and distribute into files and calculate charges.
- Issue steamship release to warehouse, invoice shipments according to client rates.
- Close file, pass invoices.
- Responsible for customer contacts, follow-ups by phone/email.
- Regular work with invoices, calculations of profit and commissions,
tracking and correcting mistakes in supplier invoices.
- Assure timely billing as per company policy.
- Work according to project process.
- Interact with international clients providing excellent customer service.
- Escalate issues to next management level if required.
- Contact shippers to gather documentation and shipment info, check.
- Liaison with Steamship companies and Trucking firms.
- Working with a computerized Tracking/Tracing system for monitoring
the movement of ocean containers.
- Proactive customer service to identify and resolve shipping problems.
- 2-5 Years of Ocean Imports experience in international freight forwarding.
- Knowledge of Ocean Import documentation and procedures
- Fluent communication in English and Mandarin.
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail; accurate and thorough;
well organized and initiative.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,