Ocean Imports/Exports Coordinator - Hamilton area, ON
Due to continued growth, our client, a leader in consumer packaged goods is in search of an
experienced person from freight forwarding or private industry, who has strengths in ocean
freight inbound and outbound.
Execute order-to-invoice process for export customers
- Run APO distribution daily to create deliveries.
- Communicate with company affiliates & with warehouse / DC with regards to special requirements
- Create delivery documents and coordinate shipping from multiple shipping points
- Check inventory availability, including stock in maturation status, coordinate with QA timely release if needed.
- “Push” out stock quickly to facilitate quick rotation and to ensure optimal freshness
- Coordinate with carriers equipment and pick up times
- Produce documentation for customs, FDA and other border services requirements
- Control timely shipping
- Manage feedback, communication and trouble shooting with customers regarding all service issues
- Governance: follow Purchase Order process, post service entry sheets, pay invoices and prepare accruals at the end of each month
Manage Inbound containers, demurrage control and frozen product flow
- Maintain spreadsheet for all inbound loads, including machinery, raw materials and packaging, based on supplier shipping notifications. Track all steps of the process for all inbound shipments.
- Ensure that all documents are available for customs clearance
- Ensure that each inbound load is timely customs cleared through communication with broker & supplier/Procurement, if necessary
- Schedule receiving of inbound containers to ensure zero or minimal demurrages
- Minimize demurrages. In case of a demurrage, log it in the spreadsheet with a reason code for further reference.
- Coordinate flow of frozen product
- Governance: validate all extra charges, produce accrual at the end of the month, and cross-charge to FTL. Product sufficient reporting.
- Control and approve invoices pertaining to demurrage, storage costs, freight and any other charges relating to inbound containers.
Ensure adequate documents for all border services and for the customer. Import / Export Coordination.
- Understand customs and FDA requirements for export shipments globally
- Communicate with customs broker in Canada and in the US regarding paperwork requirements and to ensure compliance
- Export and import of machinery
- IREP and Duty Drawbacks programs – ensure maximized return of duties for the company
ECC Master Data maintenance:
- Create new ship-to’s,
- Create freight prices,
- Extend material codes views
- Input NAFTA, Tariff Classifications, FDA ## into material code views
Experience/Qualifications: Note: customs knowledge not essential but preferred
- Post-Secondary education in Supply Chain or Logistics with up to 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of planning and supply chain processes
- Knowledge of the national and international transport market
- Knowledge of Customs and border crossing requirements
- Experience working with carriers and shipping lines
- SAP knowledge
- Building Excel spreadsheets and cost/benefit analysis
- Strong focus on result
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Initiative, go-getter
- Well organized, strong time management skills
- Positive, effective communicator across functions
Compensation: excellent salary and benefits program.
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,