Ocean Imports Operations - Int’l Freight Forwarder - Mississauga, ON
Our client is a dynamic, worldwide leader in freight forwarding with a clear vision for growth.
They are seeking experienced people to be part of that progress.
You are an Ocean Imports operations person with drive and energy, working in a fast paced environment. Someone who is career oriented, loves continuous learning, and who wants the opportunity for ongoing training, development and career advancement, taking on more responsibilities in the future.
You manage a high volume of shipments now on a monthly basis, are well organized and detail conscious.
You focus on providing seamless operations processes to facilitate shipments, working collaboratively with internal customer service, overseas offices, carriers, and procurement to ensure that customers receive the very best handling of their shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and processing Ocean Import documentation
- Prepare Ocean Bills of Lading, Prepare Advice Notes, Manifests
- Make Bookings with steamship lines and carriers
- Confirm bookings with customers and overseas agents
- Send pre-alerts to customers
- Coordinating/Communicating with overseas agents
- Invoicing/BillingTracking and tracing of containers
- Releasing cargo to consignees
- Arranging local deliveries for FCL/LCL shipments.
- Problem solving on inbound shipments
- High School Graduate - CIFFA Training an asset
- 2-4 years of Ocean Imports experience in with an international
freight forwarder in Canada
- Familiar with all import processes and procedures
- Collaborative team player
- Customer service and problem solving
Compensation: Excellent salary and benefits package
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads