Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog Buy 2017 Salaries
Sales Representative - Freight Forwarding - Vancouver, BC
Our client has very well-established presence in freight forwarding, a flexible and responsive menu of logistics services,
strong purchasing power with air/sea/ground carriers, and has demonstrated steady growth in Western Canada.
The opportunity exists for an experienced freight forwarding business developer/hunter to join forces with this firm as a
Sales Representative, to grow the company's customer base throughout British Columbia and WA state.
This is a sales opportunity with the focus on Air Freight as a prime service offering.
Their service levels are what wins and keeps their customers.
You have the sales ability, a deep network of customer contacts in BC and the desire to exercise your entrepreneurial
drive to put your stamp on the company’s growth in this region.
You have the experience, the confidence and the ability to excel in this role.
- Key new business development activities throughout BC
- Market research to identify profitable new business opportunities and potential customers
- Prospecting through cold calling, LinkedIn outreach, industry events
- Following up sales leads from overseas offices or the customer service team
- Preparing rates proposals and the negotiation of service contracts
- Selling the firm's services at a profitable level
- Supporting the strategic business plan of a customer focused organization
- Effectively communicate new services by identifying the customer needs and providing creative
You develop joint business solutions with the customer and the company's operations on boarding team,
ensuring that all participants have a true understanding and support the proposed solution.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of successful, external, new sales development in a CIFFA-certified freight forwarder
in the Vancouver area
- Well-connected and possessing a respected reputation in the industry in BC
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage a variety of business development duties successfully
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and awareness of the marketplace and customer needs
- A team player who is collaborative and respectful of fellow team members
- Additional languages such as Mandarin, Spanish or French are an asset
The compensation package is very negotiable and rewards performance
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,