Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog Buy 2017 Salaries
Senior Customs Consultant - Mississauga, ON - exclusive representation - unadvertised
Serving a growing base of customers globally, our client is a leading provider of multimodal transportation and logistics services.
Committed to customer service and operational excellence, the dedicated professionals on this team work to provide solutions
for all customers in the demanding climate of domestic and international trade.
They are seeking an experienced Customs Consultant with strong industry qualifications and the ability to communicate
effectively with management and staff at all levels of experience, to determine customer needs and create tailored
solutions to client issues focused on AMPS, Compliance, NAFTA, C-TPAT, and related legislative requirements.
Familiarity with customs audits and a strong working knowledge of the HS Tariffs and Excel databases is essential.
You are a hands-on professional, very much a teamplayer with a willingness to pitch in wherever
to benefit the progress of your fellow team members. You have the ability to gain the trust of customers,
and you are always looking for ways to increase business through upselling and suggesting solutions
that serve the customer and the company's interests.
Your duties will include:
• Face to Face Consulting with customers to determine needs
• Liaising with CBSA, CFIA and OGD officials regarding legislative requirements
• Daily/periodic reviews of customers compliance needs and issues
• Attending CBSA Seminars to stay abreast of the newest legislative programs
• HS Tariff Classifications review
• Database mining/manipulation at an advanced level with Excel pivot tables
• Rulings, Refunds, Remissions and Drawbacks
• Maintain and develop knowledge of various relevant laws and regulations
• Identify tax recovery opportunities (customs duties, drawback, GST, excise tax, etc.)
• Generate automated reports
• Seek client revenue opportunities through visits, phone calls or correspondences
• Prepare proposals, present services and get written approval/authorization from clients
• Negotiate service fees.
• Perform work according to the mandate, i.e. classification, determination of the customs value,
determination of origin under free trade agreements, HST, customs compliance, periodic verification, drawbacks, etc.
• Respond to inquiries from internal and external clients on customs regulations
• Represent the interests of clients with various government authorities
• Prepare documentation for billing services performed
• Minimum 10 years experience in a customs brokerage or customs consulting house environment.
• Customs Broker Professional Status or CTCS qualifications strongly preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of CBSA, CFIA, and OGD regulations, especially release, accounting, rules of origin,
HS Tariffs, e-Manifest, import permits and NAFTA certification requirements
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong consultative, organizational, problem solving and decision-making abilities
• AMPS/Compliance, Audits, Valuations, Exportations
• Developer attitude with a hands-on approach to serving the customer
• Proactive in following up with customers and providing professional service
• Teamplayer, focused on creating successful solutions to client problems
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,