To release shipments on behalf of our clients in accordance with client service levels while verifying the integrity of the data presented to ensure compliance.
To communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times, and respond promptly to client enquiries to ensure corporate standards for Client Service Excellence are met.
• Loading product information in database using correct Customs Harmonized Codes, reviewing data provided to ensure reasonable care for using correct classifications.
• Create client profiles with applicable rate information and client contacts
• Review of all documents relating to shipments (all modes) being processed, obtaining missing information from client and document files accordingly while complying with client special requirement, updating notes relevant to the file and preparing shipments using SmartBorder operating system and final preparation of files for scanning into document management system.
• Auditing of files including HTS, OGA, and Special Tariff requirements.
• Post Audit functions to include CF28 and CF29 notices and subsequent actions including client engagement.
• Share on call rotation
• Ability to handle tasks assigned by the manager as backup for vacation / absenteeism including entry verification, QC process and monitoring of alerts
• Participate in ongoing training sessions with and for staff
• Obtaining required product information for OGA agencies and periodically updating accounts to ensure compliance
• Annual NAFTA project including client outreach and audit of certificates to ensure customs compliance
• Read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures and respond to common inquiries including providing tariff classification and update client database accordingly
• Review ABI messages for entries that you processed and correct any warnings received and document file accordingly
• Prepare amend/refund requests for submission to Compliance Department in a timely manner with full and complete information
• Auditing customs transactions after they have been released by CBP to ensure accuracy and bill according to clients fee schedule and any additional fees based on shipment history- 90% accuracy rate required
• Ensure transmission of final Customs entry within specified timelines
• 5-7 years of customs brokerage experience,
with advanced knowledge of HTS and CFR19
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Experience working on Excel is mandatory
• SmartBorder experience preferred
• Customs Brokers license preferred
• CCS Designation preferred
• Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
This candidate is a key player in our office and the ability to work within a team environment is a must. Must be able to multi-task.
• Ownership mindset
• Attention to Detail
• Integrity – Being honest and ethical.
• Analytical Thinking – Analyzing information and using logic
• Stress Tolerance
• Results oriented
• Judgment and decision making
• Time Management
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com