Position: Senior Customs Rater - Mississauga, ON - Exclusive
This is a great company to work, long established in Toronto. If you have energy, enthusiasm, the
desire to take on more responsibility and have 5 years + customs rating and releasing experience,
our client wants to hire you! This is an afternoon shift from 4pm to midnight.
• Coordinating the clearance of ocean, air and ground freight
• Daily preparation of EDI and manual release requests to include all modes
of transport for various commodities.
• Ensure all documentation and filings are accordance with customs rules and
• Completion and presentation of confirming entries.
• Providing proactive client service and handling of client inquiries both
internal and external.
• Maintain CA Customs Brokerage standard operating procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate Import product invoicing
• Ensure file level revenues and costs are booked within the same financial
• Ensure customs brokerage product file cost allocations are completed before
month end or accrued into same period
• Minimizing un-allocated payments (waste – demurrage, file level errors)
• Comply with Customs department Import product KPI’s with focus on
• Knowledge of Import Customs Brokerage and transportation processes
and procedures from training college or programs
• 5 years of customs rating / releasing experience
• Experience with Customs Rating and Releasing
• Can work with HS/Cadex/Across/PARS etc
• Experienced with preparing entries, import permits, LVS/HVS shipments
transmit entries and confirm release with Canada Customs
• Practical knowledge of procedures and processes
• Customs software knowledge
• Familiar with MS Office applications
• Good data entry skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, working as a team player
• Can work independently and is a problem solver
Compensation: Excellent base salary offered
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,