Supervisor, Industrial Projects - Freight Forwarding
- Montreal, QC
Must have strong Projects experience in a Freight Forwarder.
• Adhere to HSE requirements
• Adhere to SOP and SAP
• Adhere to Air & Ocean general KPIs
• Co-ordinate logistics service to project cargo ex origin up to destination(s)
• Co-ordinate communication between Service Providers and company
• Co-ordinate operation and logistic teams at key locations, in close co-operation with management
• Liaise closely with other locations to ensure strong communication links are maintained
• Liaise, in close co-operation with service providers to co-ordinate transport of cargo from ports of entry to final destination
• Ground level logistics planning
• Responsible to action of all shipments (end-to-end; quotation/billing/accruals/customer relationship…)
• Responsible to support team members during peak periods in different areas of operation when required on an end-to-end approach
• Responsible to rate sourcing, validation of vendors invoicing, validation of customer quotations etc.
• Responsible to reviewing KPI’s with Project Manager to identify areas of improvement.
• Responsible to ensure project compliance with Customs and other shipping regulations
• Co-operate, and work very closely with other team members in other locations.
• Attend meetings with entire Logistics Team to give all members the opportunity to receive information and give feedback where required.
• Attend meetings with customers, sub-contractors as required
• Provide motivation and drive to deliver the above in an integrated team environment and proactively contribute towards all activities to meet the Projects overall objectives.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of experience in Freight Forwarding / Project Forwarding
• Fluent English and/or Bi-Lingual an asset (English/French).
• Strong knowledge of Industrial Projects: Out-of-Gauge, Heavy Lift, Charter, Part-Charter/Part-Cargo
• Strong knowledge of Incoterms, Export Controls and awareness to Compliance needs
• Strong knowledge in Ocean, Air, Rail and Land transport both Import & Export.
• Customer management experience.
• Experience to team lead position
• Experience to contract negotiations, SOP’s
• Well-developed communication and presentation skill
• MS Office with intermediate level of excel and power-point
Compensation: According to industry qualifications
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org