Surface Pricing Analyst - Freight Forwarding - Burlington, ON
Our client is a company which has a well-deserved reputation for excellence in serving
their customers. An international logistics company with strong year over year growth,
they recognize the need to hire an exports focused Surface Pricing Analyst to handle
RFQs and to provide guidance and support to the company's growth plans.
Multimodal inland (rail/domestic and cross border intermodal/TL/LTL)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consistently demonstrate responsiveness, strong clients focus, and ability to build good vendor relationships
• Maintain relationships with Sales and Operations in order to understand and meet the needs of internal and external customers
• Analyzes and recommends appropriate pricing for company products and services by conducting market analysis,
competitor analysis, profitability analysis, and revenue simulations
• Analyzes and recommends appropriate pricing for company products and services for specific customers by applying guidelines,
performing profitability analysis, and suggesting optimal pricing
• Analyzes shipment volume and revenue to determine effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies.
• Forecasts volume and revenue to use in financial and operational planning activities.
• Initiates profitability reports and develops plans to increase profitability and maximize yield.
• Analyzes competitor pricing and makes recommendations regarding ways to improve company pricing and profitability.
• At higher levels, may provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced pricing professionals.
Qualifications and skills:
• 2-3 years of Rates/Pricing experience in an international freight forwarder
• Must have strong freight forwarding operational and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of surface transportation rates and services
• Knowledge of related 3PL logistics procedures
• Excellent contacts established with carriers
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
$45,000-$50,000 plus 3 weeks vacation and comprehensive benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,