Warehouse Operations Manager - 3PL - Freight Forwarding - Air/Ocean - Milton
Our client is a very well-established 3PL company serving customers in North America and overseas. They provide comprehensive transportation and logistics management services, customs brokerage, and related solutions to Canadian, US and global shippers. Knowledge of CargoWise software is essential.
You will be leading, training, motivating, and managing full-time warehouse staff and seasonal
employees for various projects. Your approach is hands-on, roll up your sleeves and get it done; training and guiding employees to reach their maximum potential in productivity. You aren't afraid to drive a forklift if required to assist in the team effort; a leader by example, committed to excellence.
This company is expecting considerable growth in this and coming years, and they are seeking a growth-oriented, progressive minded leader to manage this growth.
• Spearhead the implementation of a sophisticated 3PL WMS system, CargoWise, migrating systems and procedures from a manual legacy system
• RF scanning, inventory management and control, order ask and customer service
• Managing Logistics & Warehousing components of the company including all modes of transport.
• Managing pricing, costs, service failures, and maintenance of equipment
• Plan, schedule, and optimize routings and delivery schedules to efficiently use resources
• Establish and monitor KPIs, monitor monthly P/L and maintain effective cost-controls
• Ensure that staff is properly trained to perform duties; monitor progress and provide guidance
• Serve as the senior point of contact for key accounts in Canada
• Liaise with other facilities in North America to ensure optimum customer satisfaction
• Problem solve and provide solutions to refine and improve on departmental goals and procedures
• 5-7 years Warehousing management experience in an established 3PL firm in the GTA
• Strong experience with CargoWise software modules for 3PL/warehouse/freight forwarding
• Experience in converting a manual WMS to automated WMS platform preferred
• Planning, scheduling and optimizing routings and delivery schedules
• Providing hands-on leadership to warehouse staff
• Attentive to the customers' expectations of a fully responsive white-glove service
Compensation: Very attractive, full compensation package
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,