Chief Financial Officer - International Freight Forwarding - Mississauga, ON - Exclusive/Unadvertised
This is not being advertised elsewhere or represented by any other recruitment firm.
Overall Role Purpose:
As CFO Canada you will own all financial aspects in terms of planning, analysis and management of all financial matters, by partnering, advising and challenging the country senior management team and influencing the strategic direction whilst maintaining financial transparency and adherence to financial policies, supporting project work as well as the broader business development agenda.
In summary this covers:
- Overall management of the Canada (entity) finance function and leading the country finance team
- Financial planning & budgeting - including forecasting, estimates and supporting the strategic direction for the group / business unit / function and developing these into short (Budget) and medium term plans (MTP / IBP)
- Financial control - ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and group policies. Managing funding requirements, with the support of the Group Treasury functions, manage risk controlling
- Financial Performance Analysis and Reporting - Analysis and reporting of financial activity in a timely and transparent way with recommendations where appropriate. This will involve holding periodic reviews with managers / staff.
- Business Controlling - Drive financial and operational performance and initiate corrective measures to achieve profitability targets. Manage cost modelling process and profitability analysis (by product, customer, lane, etc.)
- Project Controlling / Investment Review – Supporting business in evaluating business proposals with a view to maximizing returns whilst minimizing risk, incl. assessment of capital investment projects and involvement in acquisition proposals.
- Tax Management / Planning - In conjunction with corporate tax and utilizing internal or external country tax expertise, ensure optimal tax position for the business.
- Treasury - Maintain optimum cash levels, whilst minimizing exposure, Manage local relationships with group-authorised banking institutions and manage in-house banking activities
- Accounting activities – Oversee delivery of all activities for the country in scope either through own internal accounting team or through outsourcing
- Commercial Support – supporting business partners in commercial negotiations with customers, suppliers with particular reference to pricing, payment terms, liability cover, termination costs and credit risk.
Main Tasks & Key Responsibilities:
Manage and control Canada Finance activities in the areas of controlling, financial reporting and control, budgeting, accounting, Net Working Capital, investment, tax and fiscal related and risk management matters in accordance with the group policies and guidelines and local business environment.
- Key senior member of Canada Management team
- Focus on ensuring positive business impact of Finance within own area, Business partner of Canada CEO/ Management: Provide financial support to CEO as well as assist him and his team to grow the business strategically via financial/business decision support, business risk assessment, etc.
- Full responsibility for all financial information in Canada, including P&L, Balance Sheet and statutory accounts.
- Professional leader and line manager for the Finance team
- Provide Controlling service and support across all business areas
- Provide guidance and consulting on Financial matters to senior business team, drawing on specialist colleagues as needed to highlight key issues
- Ensure Financial service delivery, process improvement, change implementation of financial changes, Manage service relationship with specific business unit/ area for range of Financial services
- Handle and resolve complex and more difficult Controlling issues (e.g. adjusting for taxes, VAT, varying local legal requirements)
- Develop Controlling solutions that reflect best practices and work across multiple business areas/ geographies
- Establish, improve and maintain KPIs (global and local) that pertain to the Finance function nationally, to ensure teams meet requirements;
Required Experience & Qualification:
- Finance-related university degree with focus on Finance/Accounting or equivalent qualification
- 8-10 years experience in a financial management role, including 5 years managerial experience in a large organization
- Previous CFO / Finance Director experience for a medium size country entity or very senior Finance Managers with broad Finance background, and finance commercial roles with experience in dealing with Finance teams.
- Qualified Accountant, preferably with a CPA designation (Canada accreditation), experience in Financial Auditing and/or accounting
- International business experience, e.g. dealing with intercompany process and exchange rate process ;
- Team leadership
- Experience of financial transformation initiatives
- Proven experience dealing with senior stakeholders, being a member of the country / sub-regional senior management
Required Skills & Capabilities:
- Very good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Proactive and able to work under pressure
- Assertive, persistent and able to challenge
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Able to influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Team player with good leadership skills
- Fluent in English.
Compensation: flexible between 160K-200K
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,