Customs Manager - Customs Broker - Mississauga - exclusive representation
All Candidates must have experience as either a customs manager or supervisor in Customs Brokerage in Toronto.
You are an industry professional with a wealth of customs knowledge, a hands-on, accountable
management style, able to lead by example, guide, mentor, and train staff with a fair and open
door policy that is focused on staff reaching their fullest potential, to best serve customers.
- Day to day management of Head Office Customs personnel
- Scheduling of vacations, time off, and periodic personnel review interviews
- Client contact and trouble shooting
- Technical input with respect to Government regulations, HS Classifications, Tax status, database review, Trade agreements, Customs clearance processes nationally
- Dealing with clients in adherence with corporate response program and timelines
- Working with Consulting/Compliance department for problem resolution, system upgrades, new legislation and programs
- Testing of new programs prior to implementation
- Participation in CSCB meeting, webinars and information sessions
- Working with accounting department for problem resolution, invoice corrections, and other issues that may arise
- Working with sales representatives for new account set ups, client visits, and set up of SOP instructions
- Provide ongoing training to Customs personnel on specific issues, new process and Customs procedures.
- CCS, plus 5-10 years of supervisory or management experience in customs brokerage
- Strong leadership skills; responsive, proactive and diligent
- Provide team training with respect to processes and procedures
- Hand on style of management; accustomed to leading a staff of at least 7 members
- Willingness to travel if required
- Good time management skills
- Organized and detail-conscious
- Ability to engage members of the team to create a cohesive working environment,
- Client service driven, enthusiastic, knowledgeable
Compensation: Excellent salary, bonus and full benefits package
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,