Operations Manager - Freight Forwarding - Exports/Imports-Air/Ocean - Mississauga, ON - Exclusive
Our client offers sophisticated logistics solutions, to anywhere in the world. Their success is built on their
ability to provide dedicated services, extensive carrier connections, extreme flexibility and professionals
dedicated to providing personalized, efficient and responsive service.
They are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a well-rounded background in operations and
overseas agency network development. You have a minimum of 5 years in supervision or management in an
air/ocean international freight forwarder in Toronto. You are well connected with carriers, adept at leading a
staff of imports and exports people, open in communicating and have a strong sense of teamwork to accomplish results.
Our client wants someone who is progressive minded and growth oriented.
Their focus is, exports, air and ocean; then, imports, ocean and air.
• Growth and development of the international freight forwarding and global logistics services in Canada
• Developing and achieving targets of growth in air and ocean services
• Responsible for new overseas agency development and management
• Market strategy and client cultivation coordination, in conjunction with senior management
• Hiring, Training and development of qualified freight forwarding staff
• Senior problem solver for customers to maintain excellent working relationships
• Senior liaison with carrier decision-makers and overseas partners in maintaining high levels of service
• At least 5-7 years of Canada-based international freight forwarding management or supervision;
Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Far East and other trade lane knowledge
• Extensive experience in export and import air and ocean freight, truck freight and related services
Strong leadership abilities and proven skills in developing staff; professional attitudes; a mentor,
teacher, trainer and developer
• Excellent industry reputation - well respected by Ocean and Air carriers and customers and successful in
developing overseas agency agreements
• Strong academic and industry education credentials preferred
• Excellent forecasting and planning skills
• Possess vision, passion, drive, and the desire to continuously improve service offerings
• Able to generate confidence with customers and staff
• Able to perceive profitable new business opportunities
Compensation: According to industry qualifications, a generous base salary and incentives, plus car allowance
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,