Projects Coordinator - International Freight Forwarding - Mississauga, ON
The services offered by our client include, among others, the complete door-to-door transport of Industrial Project Cargo and International Freight Forwarding. This position involves the complex transportation of oversized & heavy-lift project cargo, and monitors all aspects of inbound shipments, including communications with sea/land/air/rail carriers, coordination of shipments from the ports, storage, claims, insurance issues to resolve and works closely with carriers, the customer and internal colleagues to resolve shipping problems.
This role is primarily operations focused, and would support Pricing when required.
- Mining and Heavy Industry project cargo; Ocean/Air/Ground - 80% ocean cargo
- Negotiating rates with Steamship lines, NVOCCs and Trucking companies.
- Preparing and sending RFQs/Spot rates to company offices, agents and customers, globally
- Working with the sales department in in the global tendering processes
- Coordinating the booking of cargo with steamship lines and NVOCCs
- Completing all formalities and documentation for export shipments routed through
- CP /CN /BTT terminals - Rail Billing /Rail, Port facilities
- Liaising with contracted trucking companies
- Door to door moves for Project cargo and Over dimensional moves
- Breakbulk Vessels /Heavy Lift Truckers/Special equipment, Ro/Ro, etc.
- Sending Status reports and updates to all concerned
-Communicates frequently in writing or verbally with other employees within the company, clients and government employees.
- Extensive project freight experience
- Full/Partial Charters by ocean and air
- Heavy-Lift, Oversized, Over-dimensional/out of gauge shipment handling
- Purchase Order Management and Cargo Tracking
- Transport arrangements from port to site
- Storage, Warehousing, Distribution costs control
- Insurance Claims handling
- Preparation of project rates quotations
- Maintain close contact with project customers
- Import/Export handling of project shipments
- Handle project shipping customs and legal documentation
Linguistic Requirements : - Spoken and written English required
Compensation: A superior compensation and benefits package is offered
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,