Click lighthouse for the Buckley Blog Buy 2017 Salaries
Title: Regional Logistics Manager - Exclusive representation - unadvertised elsewhere
Our client is a respected leader in their industry which serves a wide variety of manufacturers,
the resources sector and related heavy industries. Their business approach is to partner with customers,
meeting high standards of performance and excellence of service.
This corporate philosophy is found at every level of the organization.
Growing at a double-digit rate requires hands-on leadership, ready to
lead the team from the front; coaching, training and mentoring, working alongside team members;
an inclusive manager is needed with great communications and people skills.
Our client is a very open organization, very focused on the markets they serve. Their reputation
is built on that trust and relationships established with customers and suppliers.
- The Regional Logistics Manager will be responsible for both strategic and tactical managing of domestic and international logistics.
- You will provide high level oversight of global imports to ensure all regulations are adhered to while optimizing the supply chain.
- As a manager you will use your leadership skills to create and promote an environment where employees are engaged, empowered and committed to the success of the company.
- Responsible for the management of supplier relationships for freight and logistics activities for inbound containers, LCL shipments and Eastern Canada over the road movements.
- Develop strong relationships with key transportation providers to ensure the most cost effective movement of materials while providing excellent customer service, in compliance with the Responsible Distribution initiatives.
- Lead the team in a manner that encourages them to take ownership and responsibility for function and productivity.
- Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counselling to obtain desired results.
- Optimize transportation management and integrate best practices throughout the supply chain.
- Minimum of 5 years of logistics leadership, management and team building experience.
- Primary modes of transport are Ocean plus Domestic and Crossborder Truck/Rail.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage and influence team and external partners.
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in related field; additional professional designations are assets (i.e. CITT/CCLP, PLOG).
- Minimum 10 years of Transportation experience with international, domestic expertise along with some familiarity with trade compliance issues, ideally.
- Distribution experience is essential, or managing in a 3PL environment.
- TDG experience is a definite asset, running RFQs experience also an asset.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- Excellent computer skills. JD Edwards or SAP experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, customer driven, dynamic and professional.
- Ability to work independently and handle pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, customer driven and good understanding of TQM, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Proven organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- A willingness to travel overnight, up to 20% of the time.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and bonus program, matching RRSP and comprehensive benefits package
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,