Tariff Analyst - Senior - Customs Broker - Mississauga, ON
Our client, a highly respected medium-sized customs broker is hiring a well-qualified
Senior level Tariff Analyst with strong analytical and technical skills to provide go-to
expertise in all matters of the HS Tariffs and who is strong in Excel and has at least
a CCS designation, CTCS is preferred.
• Conduct research within the Customs Tariff and various other sources in order to determine the proper classification codes for imported merchandise.
•Update client profiles with proper classification codes in order to process shipment; enter information into the computer system.
• Review, correct and adjust files rejected by the Cadex and ACROSS system.
• Answer client and co-worker questions regarding duty rates, tariff classification codes, and any other Import Technical information as required.
• Maintain client processing instruction profile notes. Review periodically to ensure instructions are understood by processors.
• Maintenance of QC Case Library and HS Database.
• Work with Client Relations Consultant to assist clients in rectifying areas of possible non- compliance (ie. erroneous documentation, etc.).
Required Skills: CTCS designation is preferred, CCS is required
• Completion of college or University, or equivalent experience.
• More than 5 years of rating/classification experience in Customs rating.
• Extensive knowledge of the Customs Tariff, Explanatory Notes, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of Customs regulations, including OGD/PGA processes and requirements.
• Advanced Excel & Pivot tables
• Advanced skills in manipulating Big Data.
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,