Trade Compliance Specialist - Importer, Newmarket, ON - Exclusive
This is an opportunity to create a customs department in a growing company active
worldwide. This newly created position in Canada will implement policy,
create SOPs, establish clear guidelines for NAFTA certificates, as well as be the
go-to expert for all matters regarding customs regulatory requirements.
- Auditing import entries in support of 3 Canadian production plants
- Corresponding with Customs Broker to ensure correct tariff classification applied on imports
- Development of Compliance Guidelines for both internal and external customers
- Receiving and responding to OEM requests for various Foreign Trade Certificates (NAFTA, COO, Manufacturers Affidavit, KORUS, US-PERU etc.)
- Project lead in development of Foreign Trade Qualification tool in support of finished goods
- Coordination, monitoring and tracking of international shipments
- Preparing and/or providing guidance to others in the creation of customs documents for exports and assisting suppliers with import documentation for timely customs clearance of goods
- Actively soliciting NAFTA from suppliers and intercompany to reduce/stop duty payments
- Collaborating with our customs broker to apply for duty refunds
- Maintaining Country of Origin details for all BIP’s
- College/University education in International Trade & Customs
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Customs Trade Industry, including regulatory and consulting
- CCS - Certified Customs Specialist designation and/or LCB – Licensed Customs Broker is an asset
- Up-to-date knowledge in Canadian and U.S. Customs regulations
- Well Versed in NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreements, Tariff, Valuation and Supply Chain Security (C-TPAT, PIP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well versed with MS Office and Excel
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills and work well in a team
Compensation: Negotiable plus full company benefits
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
Anna Kevin click to Follow Buckley Search Inc.
We post frequent status updates, career articles, and industry information on our LinkedIn Company page.
Serving Freight, Customs and Logistics
Professionals in Canada and the USA.
(416) 865-0695 Toll-free, North America: 1 (866) 996-9984
Buckley Search Inc. serves the Freight, Customs and Logistics sectors throughout North America. Established in 1990, we provide highly experienced guidance in matters of career transition, industry compensation, and represent opportunities with progressive-minded companies seeking talented people for mutual growth. We are the only recruitment firm in Canada that is accepted as an Associate Member of CIFFA and the CSCB.
Click image to access free downloads
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, customs broker, CCS, CTCS, PLCB, LCB, Licensed Customs Broker, HVS, LVS, RMD, NAFTA, Drawbacks, Refunds, Amends, Rulings, CBSA, CBP, OGD, 3PL, B2, B3, TIB, K32, AMPS, Compliance, Audit, Remissions, Customs Specialist, Customs Consultant, Customs Manager, Customs Rater, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Sales, Business Development, BDM, Trade Lane, Account Executive, Sales Manager, Far East, Pacific Rim, Inventory Control, Warehousing,