Our client is a very well-established 3PL company serving customers in North America. They provide
comprehensive transportation and logistics management services, customs brokerage, and e-commerce
solutions to Canadian and US shippers.
You will be leading, training, motivating, and managing about xx full-time staff and up to xx seasonal
employees for various projects. Your approach is hands-on, roll up your sleeves and get it done; training
and guiding employees to reach their maximum potential in productivity. You aren't afraid to drive a
forklift if required to assist in the team effort; a leader by example, committed to excellence.
"I would say we need a substantial amount of experience as a team leader / supervisor / assistant manager of a 3PL operation, include in that hands on experience in picking , packing , forklift , operations, HR , transportation. An added bonus would be close proximity to the facility in Milton."
- Supervising Logistics & Warehousing components of the company including air, rail, ocean, and intermodal shipments
- Plan, schedule, and optimize routings and delivery schedules to efficiently use resources
- Supervision of Warehousing team through providing hands-on leadership
- Managing the storage, distribution and packaging activities of a bonded warehouse facility
- Oversee equipment and driver safety issues, accidents, disciplinary measures, and MTO reporting requirements
- Monitor KPIs, monitor monthly P/L and maintain effective cost-controls
- Ensure that staff is properly trained to perform duties; monitor progress and provide guidance
- 5 years+ Warehousing experience in an established 3PL firm in the GTA
- Experience working in a bonded warehouse is an asset
- Excellent leadership, organizational and training skills; possess forklift license
- Experienced in planning, scheduling, and optimizing routings and delivery schedules
- Supervisory experience of Warehousing team through providing hands-on leadership
- Excellent communications skills with customers, employees and colleagues
- Experienced in assisting in hiring, firing and performance appraisals for employees
Compensation: Competitive Salary plus full benefits, commensurate with experience
Please attach your resume to the email generated. The Subject line contains the position title already for you.
Email: [email protected] Email: [email protected]
KEYWORDS: transportation, freight, freight forwarding, air freight, ocean freight, trade, import, export, customs, cargo, CIFFA, CSCB, transborder, crossborder, logistics, project, analyst, pricing, tender, project cargo, heavy lift, oversized, over dimensional, breakbulk, container, shipping, Trucking, Steamship, LCL, FCL, LTL, TL, shipping, Chain, Warehousing, Bonded, Distribution, Inventory Control, Warehousing,